The Executive Steering Committee provides strategic direction and is the decision-making body of the project, in charge of overseeing progress and facilitating global collaboration among the participants. The Committee consists of the coordinators of the 10 biomedical sciences research infrastructures that are contributing to the project. It is chaired by the BioMedBridges Coordinator.
- make decisions concerning the financial management of the project
- measure progress against the specific objectives, milestones and deliverables of each work package
- develop metrics to measure the impact of the work
- ensure good coordination with the members of their own infrastructure
- oversee the consolidation of the data-infrastructure needs of the different projects and develop a joint policy on these issues
- monitor the sustainability of the components of the infrastructure being developed and develop a plan for support following the completion of the grant.
Meetings and communication
The Executive Steering Committee meets once a year and holds conference calls every two to three months. The meetings are held in connection with the Annual General Meetings where possible.
|BMS RI||Partner(s) represented|
|Jan-Eric Litton||Markus Pasterk||BBMRI-ERIC||KI, TUM, MUG, UMCG|
|Gerrit Meijer||Jan Willem Boiten||EATRIS||UH, TMF, VUMC|
|Jaques Demotes||Christian Ohmann||ECRIN||UDUS, INSERM|
|Søren Brunak||Niklas Blomberg||ELIXIR||EMBL-EBI, UCPH|
|Wiebe Kooistra||TBD||EMBRC||SZN, EMBL-EBI|
|Hervé Raoul||Caroline Carbonelle||ERINHA||INSERM|
|Philip Gribbon||Ronald Frank||EU-OPENSCREEN||FVB|
|Jan Ellenberg||Tanja Ninkovic||Euro-BioImaging||EMBL, ErasmusMC|
|Martin Hrabé de Angelis||Michael Raess||Infrafrontier||HGMU|
|David Stuart||Lucia Banci||Instruct||UOX, CIRMMP, STFC|
|Richard Kitney||Barbara Skene||ISBE
|Erko Stackebrandt||TBD||MIRRI||Associate partner|